Wednesday, June 07, 2006

TOO FUNNY?

So here I am on my own blog site and I forget to check it out.
Too Funny.
especially since the last posting did produce some comments.
I checked out the Juicy Fruit sight and see that they too are having some trouble remembering to post to their own blog.
Guess we all tend to start something and never follow through.
Too Funny.

The other comments seem to be advertisements.
Why?
If I don't even come here.....why would someone post an ad here to attract traffic to their own sights....TOO FUNNY

Now for the art part of this blog.
The art world has swirled around me and I am either really really up or really really down.
Is it an artist's tendency to be so emotional.
Is that what makes them creative?

I lost my nephew this year.
He was only 25 years old.
He lived large and he lived big.
His whole life he lived on the edge.
His ups and downs were wild and erratic. He did have the ability to be creative.
But his choice was to live creatively versus produce creative ideas.
He did more in his life then most will do in a lifetime.

But he died.
He died from alcohol poisoning during New Orleans Mardi Gras in 2006.
The year after Katrina.
The year that New Orleans really wasn't ready to have Mardi Gras again.
The year that New Orleans didn't have enough resturants opened again.
The year that New Orleans didn't have enough police staff to control the event.
The year that New Orleans didn't have enough emergency staff to respond to problems.
Was it my nephew's fault that there wasn't enough to do in New Orleans during Mardi Gras that 20 young men stayed in the same room and spent the weekend going out for fun and the only thing available to do was drink....to a certain extent of course. It was his choice.
But I also think it was partly the myth of Mardi Gras and New Orleans' need to continue this myth.
No this isn't "too funny" but definately is " too sad".
My last painting so far this year was a painting dedicated to my Nephew.
Sean's Song.

I hope that I will find my creative edge again this year and continue to produce my creative side.

No comments: