Saturday, September 20, 2008

Inside the wave


I learned a lot about the gulf and the ocean this trip. I learned that the lovely flags flying on the beaches had meanings. Double red flags meant stay out of the water. Hey...looking at the waves, I could tell without flags that I didn't want to go in there. Each day brought something new to this trip. The water was high on the beaches and in fact there wasn't much beach available to stand on. I would walk down the stairs to the lowest platform level and watch the waves crash across the sand where we had been the previous day. I saw rip tides pull the sand right off the beaches and I saw the sand smooth out the next day as if nothing had happened. Nature is something to see in action.


Inside the Wave
6x6
acrylic on canvas
price sold
available for purchase on website or contact pakcraig@bellsouth.com

No comments: