Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dream Series is what I called this series at first but not sure that is my intent as I painted. Now I  may make a title change. I started pulling out quotes from The Little Prince as I painted and may at some point incorporate the quotes directly into the paintings.

                      “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward 
                                                       together in the same direction.” 

                                                           
                        “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”\

                  If you love a flower that lives on a star, it is sweet to look at the sky at night. 
                                                All the stars are a-bloom with flowers...”  

             
“              It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” 



 



                  “I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. 
                               Words are the source of misunderstandings." -from the Fox-”


                                        “No single event can awaken within us 
                                a stranger whose existence we had never suspected.
                                                     To live is to be slowly born.”
                                                           

                            Two  more pieces are on the easel for this study of forms and color.
   I will post them eventually. I like to have them further along before posting on the blog.

Next will be postings of the angel series that will hang with this one at Ross Gallery in Oct.
                                                    Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Another try at leaving a comment.
The words are more interesting than the paintings, although the paintings in themselves have interest for me. The words are YOU.
Brian

Brian said...

Another try at leaving a comment.
The words are more interesting than the paintings, although the paintings in themselves have interest for me. The words are YOU.
Brian