Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Focus

It takes as much stress to be a success as it does to be a failure.
--Emilio James Trujillo



Focus..what is it?

I talk frequently about my need to focus.
Maybe it would help me to understand exactly what I mean when I say this.

Focus to look closely at.
Maybe.

Focus to keep a narrow view and avoid distractions
Closer

Focus to see the steps needed to get where I am going.
OK that's it.


I need to focus and quit looking around trying to see, say, and do too much.
I need to look at the steps I need to get where I am going.

LOL..just image if you were blind folded and trying to navigate steps or a building you have never been in before. You would go cautiously and tentatively making sure you don't hurt yourself as you navigate the unknown.

So why...when I am sighted....would I not take the same precautions and go cautiously and tentatively in unknown territory. Why would I want to run head long into a wall, or off the top step. Why don't I make plans and follow paths that have been made before. Maybe because it may seem to me to be too boring, or possibly I have this need to fly by the seat of my pants. I really don't have that answer and I do seem to do it regularly....so that is why I am always saying.

I need to focus.
Maybe it would be easier to say.
I need to slow down.

Too funny.

No comments: