Monday, March 16, 2009

strangeness of planning

Last weekend I went over to Huntsville Al to participate in the Alabama Clay Conference. They had several topics that I seriously wanted to listen to.
The first was HOW TO CONNECT WITH URBAN ART PROJECTS....interconnections.
Architects, Designers, Sub Contracts and an Artist talked about how to get your work involved. It was a good meeting. I have submitted several times to Urban Art Projects and after listening to this symposium I will continue on, I am going in the right direction. More information about this in future blogs.

The second day I had to make a choice....
Photographing your art work
Web set up and design
Your Art as a Business.

Can you guess which one I selected?

Ah yes, the reason for my title strangeness of planning.
Of course I went to Art as a Business, this is the part which was the planning.
I did not realize that the entire presentation would be based on my very favorite author Alyson B.Stanfield,I found it was interesting to see the whole package in action.

I ordered the book about a year ago from Alyson "I Would Rather Be in the Studio"(you can find a link on www.pakcraig.com) and I have followed several of the helpful guidelines published there. The strangeness part was to be involved, seeing the reactions and actions of others in listening to the suggestions from the book that I have been reading; yes that part was fun.

The strangeness once again is I found I am all ready on track in solving my own problems and finding solutions. The best part of the weekend was the chance to find validation.

No comments: