Sunday, August 16, 2009

Background Noise...

RealLife things have kept me from posting but not totally from working on the commission piece. The clients have decided on the colors as well as the image that they would like to include.

I am working on the back ground and despite a few problems...such as the canvas not tightening up, have been at least getting somewhere with the layers and colors.



you can probably see where the canvas kept hitting the support board, because the canvas was sagging, and that stopped the paint from flowing the length of the board. I restretched the canvas and hopefully will be able to correct that problem.



I worked on this a little more adding color and pattern to the area that broke the painting into top and bottom. I believe the pattern is now a little more cohesive.


I will put a wash over the final layer to reduce some of the patterns and next I will begin to add the figures that were selected..."Tango of Love".

2 comments:

Brian said...

I think it's coming along wonderfully. I'm fascinated by the process you describe.

pakc said...

thanks for posting a comment Brian....and thanks for liking the work. I know you aren't fond of abstracts and I think you might like it more when it completed.