Thursday, July 16, 2009

Adding to my series.


I have this series of paintings that I did a little while back, one of the finished pieces in the series is shown here.
The title of the series was Dance of Love and this group of paintings was mixed among another series of dance paintings I did for a solo show at the Crescent Club Gallery. Recently this series was found once again on my internet web site and I have been commissioned to paint a new piece.

I have never met the couple who are purchasing the work and I am working with them on selections of color by email and by snail mail. I sent them cards with color swatches to select the dominate color for me to use on this work. It has been fun to figure out ways to include them in the previewing of the work without the hassle of them traveling here or me there.

This particular series was predominately an abstract background and then oil pastel figures drawn over the acrylics. I used my "Four Sides" of a painting type abstract work in this background and that involves dripping, splashing, layer upon layer of paint to get strong colors and a bit of depth without building up a heavy layer of paint. I enjoyed that series and am now enjoying working on it again.
Along with the color cards, I have produced several images that I will be sending to the buyers to view and allow them to select the one they would like for their original painting. The color they wish for the back ground is once again a red, I hope the new figures are as powerful as the first ones.

I posted a few of the new images here. These are rough works with lots of adjustments but hope you enjoy the process that they will be going through as I complete the painting. I have a dozen more images in the studio but I thought I would rather not overwhelm the clients or any readers here, so I picked out some of the images I felt were the strongest. Leave me a comment if you like, I always enjoy hearing other perspectives.




.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam. I love this new series...very powerful art. I can see you are having a lot of fun with this. My preference would be bottom left. Do we get to see when it is finished too? And hopefully WIP as it progresses?
Thanks for posting this.
Take care,
Marion

pakc said...

thanks for the comment....that was my preference too because it is the one that appears to be the closest to a real dance step. After talking to you yesterday I thought I might give it a try in putting it on my blog.

Unknown said...

Yeah. Bottom Left. Something about it just sweeps me away! Love the works. Marilyn