Friday, July 27, 2007

OMG!!!!!!

Oh my gosh.......
I have missed placed my art book.
My right arm.
My life line........

I have been sketching my new series in this little sketch book and have carried it every where for the last 6 months.
I jot down notes, plans, pull out photo's, and even do a little sketching.
I live, breathe and eat with this little book at my elbow.
Heaven forbid if I get hit with inspiration and cannot write it down.

But now...

When I need it the most. It can not be found anywhere.
I am in a panic.
I am lost.
Where and what do I do now.

Do I start over?
Do I begin again?

Oh heavens I hope not.
Time will not allow that, deadlines need to be met.
It must be around somewhere.
Under the stairs.
Under the couch.
Maybe in the bed.
In the car.
Oh where could I have put it.
I am sure I placed it somewhere that was meant to keep it safe.
I am thinking about removing the carpeting to see if it slid under that somehow. LOL

So are you as attached to your gadgets and paraphernalia as I am?
Are you as dependent upon your little cheat sheets?

It took me two days to find my book.
I cannot believe that it was right in front of me the whole time.
I think the panic and fear I felt over losing all that work; kept me in such a state, where I couldn't see it clearly on the table in the studio, with a couple of magazines that were placed there to continue to inspire me.

Maybe it is time to clean the studio?

No comments: